The Media Founders Program is a cooperation between MIZ Babelsberg and our MediaTech Hub Accelerator. Innovators are supported from product development to establishment as a young start-up in Berlin-Brandenburg.
The target group
Phase 1 (MIZ Babelsberg):
Students up to three years after graduation and start-ups in the founding process as well as up to three years after foundation. Project teams with residence or (future) business headquarters in the Berlin-Brandenburg region are eligible to apply.
Phase 2 (MTH Accelerator):
Teams that, following Phase 1, develop a business model from the prototype that is further developed as a start-up or as an agency.
The funding period
Phase 1: max. 12 months
Phase 2: 6 months
Type of funding
Phase 1: Up to 30.000 € grant & material costs
In addition: 1,500 € coaching budget, access to MIZ network and events, access to radio and TV studio as well as editing and production technology, office space (if required)
Phase 2: Individual mentoring program with a focus on business and venture development as well as fundraising.
- Access to the network of the start-up scene and mediatech players in Potsdam and Berlin
- Training in the areas of sales, pitching, PR, legal and finance
- Office space for co-working and founder community
- End of application period for phase 1: September 12, 2021
- Jury meeting (expected): October 27, 2021
Following Phase 1, there will be a pitch to the MediaTech Hub Accelerator for acceptance into Phase 2.