This is the privacy statement (“Statement”) for this website operated and provided by MediaTech Hub Potsdam Management GmbH, firstname.lastname@example.org (“MTHP”, “we”, “us” and “our”) at www.mth-potsdam.de. MTH Potsdam is the controller within the meaning of Article 4 No. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We process the personal data collected via this website exclusively as set out in this declaration. Below you will find information on how we process your personal data, for what purposes it is processed, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you may have.
Personal data means any information relating to a living individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data or an online identifier. Processing means any operation related to personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, filing, storage, adaptation or alteration, disclosure or any other use.
2. use of the website for informational purposes
If you visit our website for informational purposes, i.e. without logging in to the site and without providing us with personal data in any other way, we may automatically collect supplementary information about you that only in limited cases contains personal data and is automatically collected by our server, such as:
- The user’s IP address (anonymised, only the first 3 bytes).
- Name of the website or file accessed
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data transferred
- Message about successful retrieval
- Browser type and version
- Operating system of the user
- User’s device used, including MAC address
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
We only use this information to provide you with our services effectively (e.g. by adapting our website to the needs of your device) and to compile data to create anonymised statistics on the use of our website.
This data is not merged with other personal data that is actively provided within the framework of the website.
We need the automatically collected personal data for the provision of our website, Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO, as well as for our legitimate interest in ensuring the stability and security of the website, Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
With your email address, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which will inform you about news from the MTH Potsdam, if you agree to receive the newsletter. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO. We store your email address for as long as you subscribe to our newsletter. The service is carried out with the help of the so-called “double opt-in” procedure. In this process, you will receive an email with a link that you can use to confirm that you are the owner of the email address and would like to be notified via our email service. If your subscription is not confirmed within 96 hours of requesting the confirmation email, your personal data provided will not be processed but automatically deleted. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the link contained in each newsletter. We use the software of Mailjet GmbH (Global Headquarters: 13-13 bis, rue de l’Aubrac, 75012 Paris), with whom we have concluded an order processing agreement, to carry out the newsletter mailing. You can find out more about data protection at Mailjet at: https://www.mailjet.de/sicherheit-datenschutz/.
4. third party content
5. transfer of personal data to third countries
Within the scope set out above, we may transfer your personal data to other countries (including countries outside the EU) where data protection standards may differ from those in your country of residence. Please note that data processed in other countries may be subject to foreign laws and may be accessible to local governments, courts, law enforcement and regulatory authorities. However, when transferring your personal data to such countries, we will take appropriate measures to adequately secure your data. When transferring personal data to Eventbrite in the US, the transfer is protected by an adequacy decision of the European Commission in connection with the EU-US Privacy Shield. Eventbrite has certified itself under the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We have appropriate, state-of-the-art security measures in place to protect your information from loss, misuse and alteration. For example, our security policies and privacy statements are regularly reviewed and improved as necessary. In addition, only authorised employees have access to personal data. Although we cannot guarantee or warrant that loss, misuse or alteration of data will never occur, we do everything in our power to prevent it. Please remember that data transmission over the Internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data entered on our website during transmission over the Internet. This is at your own risk.
7. storage periods
Our aim is to process your personal data only to the minimum extent possible. If no exact storage periods are specified in this statement, we will only store your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected and - if applicable - for as long as required by law.
8. your rights
You have the following data protection rights, depending on the circumstances of the specific case:
- Access: to request access to and/or copies of your personal data. This includes information about the purpose of the use, the category of data used, its recipients and persons authorised to access it and, if possible, the planned duration of data storage or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
- demand the correction, deletion or restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as their use is inadmissible under data protection law, in particular because
the data is incomplete or inaccurate,
they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected,
the consent on which the processing was based has been revoked, or
you have successfully exercised a right to object to data processing; in cases where the data are processed by third parties, we will forward your requests for rectification, erasure or restriction of processing to those third parties, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort;
- Objection, revocation: to refuse consent or - without affecting the lawfulness of the data processing carried out prior to revocation - to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time;
- not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- Data portability: to request the personal data relating to you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance from us; you may also have the right to request that we transfer the personal data directly to another controller where this is technically feasible;
- Complain: to take legal action or refer the matter to the relevant supervisory authorities if you believe that your rights have been infringed as a result of processing of your personal data that does not comply with data protection law.You can exercise the above rights; or ask questions orlodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data by contacting us as set out below. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or:
where we are processing your personal data in pursuit of our legitimate interest and there are grounds arising from your particular situation.